[Mailman-Developers] REST API docs?

Barry Warsaw barry at list.org
Sat Jun 19 01:34:05 CEST 2010

On Jun 17, 2010, at 12:03 AM, Fil wrote:

>How would I query members of list A?
>GET 'http://localhost:8001/3.0/members' + A ?

want all the subscribed members, you would request:

    http://localhost:8001/3.0/lists/alpha@example.com/roster/members

If you want the owners of the list:

    http://localhost:8001/3.0/lists/alpha@example.com/roster/owners

and if you want the moderators:

    http://localhost:8001/3.0/lists/alpha@example.com/roster/moderators

>If my mailing-list has thousands of members, how would I paginate the results?
>'http://localhost:8001/3.0/members' + A + page=x ?

Pagination is not yet supported.  One of the deficiencies of restish as
opposed to lazr.restful is that the former does not support collections out of
the box.  I have a CollectionMixin class to handle those, but it doesn't yet
know about batching.  Contributions are welcome!

(The plus side of restish of course is that it only took me about two hours to
add support for rosters, and most of that time was refactoring, writing the
tests, and fixing a regression with the zope.testrunner integration.  Read:
easy peasy!)

Cheers,