[Mailman-Developers] Adding to the FAQ Wiki

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue May 25 16:03:52 CEST 2010

Jonathan Kamens wrote:

>I wanted to add a description of and link to my new solution on the
>relevant page of the Mailman Wiki
>(http://wiki.list.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=4030707), so I
>created an account for myself on the Wiki, but even after doing that, I
>can't find any way to edit the page.
>
>I suppose this means that either I'm missing something, or new Wiki
>users are not granted write access to the Wiki by default.  I searched a
>bit but couldn't find any obvious explanation of this policy or the
>right channel for requesting write access to the Wiki.

You now have write permission on the Wiki.

I have also updated the note at the top left of the Wiki Dashboard to
indicate that permission is required and how to request it.

Sorry for the confusion. We keep changing things in an attempt to
control Wiki spam, and the documentation doesn't always keep up.