[Mailman-Developers] feature request: one-click setting to preserve DKIM

Terri Oda terri at zone12.com
Tue Dec 6 00:12:11 CET 2011

On 11-12-05 11:58 AM, Monica Chew wrote:
> Terri and Florian, is this something that the webui group would be
> interested in working on?
We have a significant complexity problem already in the admin
interface.  If this is really just a matter of two settings (subject
tagging and unsubscribe footers) it would probably make more sense to
add an appropriate FAQ entry / documentation rather than adding Yet
Another Setting, especially since we'd have to deal smoothly with
indicating the over-rides and I suspect there's a bonus possibility for
confusion as a result.

I'm not entirely convinced that this is a good way to solve the dkim
problem for Mailman in the long-term, since I'm pretty sure a lot of
users will balk at having the subject line tags removed, and many list
owners will balk at having unsubscribe footers removed, so maybe it's
best to look into the more complex re-signing solutions and not spend
time encoding (and translating, and user-testing) a stop-gap measure
into the interface.

That said, we've talked a lot about having simplified interfaces for
quick list administration and interfaces designed for specific purpose
lists. It seems like this might fit in nicely with some of those ideas,
so I'm definitely not adverse to keeping it in mind as an interface
option if there's evidence that this would be useful to enough list owners.

  Terri