[Mailman-Developers] feature request: one-click setting to preserve DKIM

Florian Fuchs f at state-of-mind.de
Tue Dec 6 23:38:58 CET 2011

Hi,

> users will balk at having the subject line tags removed, and many list
> owners will balk at having unsubscribe footers removed,

Agreed. OTOH, if this were yet another setting, it would be the list owner's decision to use it or not.

> That said, we've talked a lot about having simplified interfaces for
> quick list administration and interfaces designed for specific purpose
> lists. It seems like this might fit in nicely with some of those ideas,
> so I'm definitely not adverse to keeping it in mind as an interface
> option if there's evidence that this would be useful to enough list owners.

I also think it's worth considering. For instance, those settings could be part of one or more "DKIM compatible" list templates. But even if we "bundle" this inside a template it will probably still cause a bit of confusion (how many people will know what the label 'DKIM compatible' means?).

Another idea: We could still let the person installing the web-ui decide if they want to make those options available. Maybe by means of an additional django app that adds this functionality to the settings.

Florian