[Mailman-Developers] FW: A subscribe link

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Jul 19 02:00:36 CEST 2011

Clayton Brown wrote:

>Thank you for your advice below, this solves my problem but also creates a
>new problem.
>
>The mobility of %(user_delivered_to)s is the issue. Is there something like
>an msg_body, where you can compile the html letter and insert
>%(user_delivered_to)s. That would obv be perfect.

No. There is no existing mechanism in Mailman to add replacements or
insert text into HTML message bodies/parts.

>Right now I have the issue of the msg_footer being inserted as an
>attachment, but I have found a solution for that on the internet.
>MIMEDefang... you obv know what I am talking about.

Perhaps you have seen the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/84A9> and the
information linked from that about using MIMEDefang.

>Msg_header does not work in MS office, but that won't work either because it
>will be at the top of the emailer. See attachment.

And will have the same issues as the 'attached' footer or worse will be
treated by the MUA as the message body with the true message body
treated as an attachment.

>Please let me know what you think.

If putting your link with replacements in msg_footer along with the
MIMEDefang solution documented at
<http://stuff.mit.edu/~jik/software/mailman_mimedefang/> works for
you, then you have a solution. If not, there's not much else you can
do without actually modifying the Mailman/Handlers/Decorate.py handler
to modify the HTML message body per recipient.