[Mailman-Developers] Mailman 2.x Virtual Hosting

Barry Warsaw barry at list.org
Fri Jun 24 22:29:25 CEST 2011

Hi Pavel, thanks for writing this up for the benefit of other users.  I just
want to comment on one thing.

On Jun 24, 2011, at 03:06 PM, Pavel Šimerda wrote:

>First thing that surprised me is that Mailman doesn't support virtual
>hosting. The second one was that documentation claimes it does. Even the
>simplest test, creation of lists with same names under different domains
>shows 2.x vhost support is simply broken.

Can you point to where the documentation makes this claim?  It's painfully
well-known that same-list-different-domains is not supported by default in
Mailman 2.x.  If there's official documentation that claims otherwise, we need
to fix that.

>I would like to know if there's anyone else interested in getting
>Mailman 2.x to support a feature the documentation already claims to
>support.
>
>Testing, links to resources, code, and help with getting it official is
>welcome.

I would oppose making this feature official in Mailman 2.x.  It's much better
to help get Mailman 3 to releasable state.  I think it's fine if you need a
solution right now, to work on, and publish unofficial patches for Mailman 2.x.

Cheers,