[Mailman-Developers] List Administration Manual r2.1

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri May 13 21:14:18 CEST 2011

On 5/13/2011 10:01 AM, C.J. Adams-Collier KF7BMP wrote:

> I have also racked up about 9 months of experience developing LaTeX
> documents during grad school.  I still consider myself a bit of a
> neophyte in this area and will be needing some help setting up the LaTeX
> environment for compiling the .dvi files.  At this point, I installed
> the python-sphinx package (debian) and copied
> the /usr/share/sphinx/texinputs/howto.cls it provides to the build
> directory.  I am getting the following error and would appreciate any
> insight you can provide.

I'm not sure about the specific error you are encountering. I've never
used Sphinx on these .tex files. The documentation package is built with
the old Python mkhowto script. This script can be found at
<http://svn.python.org/view/python/branches/release25-maint/Doc/tools/mkhowto?view=log>.
It has several dependencies, and I don't remember what they all are.

To make the various files from mailman-admin.tex, you do

mkhowto --all --dir /path/to/html/dir mailman-admin.tex

where /path/to/html/dir is the directory to receive the HTML manual.