[Mailman-Developers] GnuPG support

Barry Warsaw barry at list.org
Mon May 23 16:52:40 CEST 2011

On May 22, 2011, at 01:10 PM, Stanisław Findeisen wrote:

>I have a feature idea: GnuPG encryption and signing.
>
>What do you think?

It's an idea which has been floating around for many years, and as you've seen
there are tentative patches in that direction.

My own take on the matter is that I think it would be a very interesting and
useful feature, but I'm not in favor of adding this to Mailman 2.

If you're interested in pursuing this idea further, Mailman 3 is the place to
do so.  My own inclination is that most sites won't need this, so it should be
available as a plugin, with official/unofficial status conferred depending on
its stability, documentation, tests, copyright assignments, and general
usability.

This is exactly the right mailing list to discuss design and implementation of
such a feature for Mailman 3.