[Mailman-Developers] sievelib and Modoboa

Barry Warsaw barry at list.org
Fri May 27 22:57:42 CEST 2011

Hi folks,

I wanted to point you at two very cool looking tools that Antoine Nguyen has
developed, and introduced to me by Patrick Ben Koetter.  I haven't had time to
look into these in detail, but if you're looking for some fun hacking ideas
for Mailman 3, these could fit the bill.

The first is sievelib:

    http://pypi.python.org/pypi/sievelib/0.1

Sieve is an email filtering language specified in RFC 5228.  I've always
thought it might be a pretty cool way for power users to manage the email
Mailman sends them.  It might even form the implementational basis for a
topics-on-steroids like feature in MM3.  This is the first implementation of
Sieve written in Python that I'm aware of.

Antoine wrote sievelib as part of his Modoboa project:

    http://modoboa.org/en/

which looks like a pretty cool take on making the management of email systems
friendlier.  Of course, Antoine, Patrick and I immediately thought that it
might be cool to explore some integration opportunities between Modoboa and
MM3.

For those of you in the USA, what better way to spend the beautiful Memorial
Day weekend than sitting in front of your screen hacking on some fun projects?
:)

Cheers,