[Mailman-Developers] FreeBSD 8.2, Python2.7, Exim-4 and MM3

Nigel Metheringham nigel at dotdot.it
Mon May 30 10:10:59 CEST 2011

On 30 May 2011, at 02:37, Barry Warsaw wrote:
> There are two parts to this.  First, the way Exim is integrated with MM2,
> there's no need for alias file hacking because Exim can autodetect which
> mailing lists are available by looking at the config.pck files.  Of course,
> there are no config.pck files in MM3 any more, so a new strategy is needed.

So to make this more generic:-
  - how can an external process detect configured lists?
    - preferably in a relatively non-active fashion - ie looking at
      the filesystem
    - if needed by running something to say if list x exists
  - what addresses does a list provide (ie list-request etc)
  - or is there a way of getting mailman to list all the addresses
    that mailman handles (ideally including domain)

> Second, the preferred way to get messages into MM3 is via LMTP, so ideally,
> there'd be some configuration to get Exim to connect to MM3's LMTP server.

That should be pretty easy.

> It would be great to have better Exim (and Sendmail, qmail, or any other MTA)
> support in MM3.  Let us know if you're willing and able to help!

Can't do a great deal on this, but willing to heckle, umm, give
some advice from the sidelines.
The exim.org machine is moving to a more modern platform later in
the year so we may be in a position to realistically look at hosting
a MM3 install then.

	Nigel.
--
[ Nigel Metheringham ------------------------------ nigel at dotdot.it ]
[                 Ellipsis Intangible Technologies                  ]