[Mailman-Developers] New RFC on using DKIM with MLMs

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Tue Nov 1 14:23:37 CET 2011

Ian Eiloart writes:

 > Good point. I'd argue that the list manager, and the archiver
 > should simply do that: put a received header into the message at
 > the appropriate point. That would make it much easier to track the
 > message progress.

I don't have a strong opinion on whether or not that's the best way to
handle this, but I'd like to point out that RFC 5321 has quite a bit
to say about the format of such lines.  It also seems to imply that
these are added by "gateway, relay, and forwarding systems".  I would
guess that Mailman qualifies as a forwarding system in which case it
whould probably try to conform to the RFC 5321 syntax.