[Mailman-Developers] Hello

Florian Fuchs f at state-of-mind.de
Thu Sep 29 13:36:07 CEST 2011

Hi Felipe,

as for the UI I think a good starting point would be to check out the work Benedict Stein and Anna Granudd have done during the last two Google Summers of Code. You can find it here:

https://launchpad.net/~mailmanwebgsoc2011

The web UI is based on the Django framework and communicates with the Mailman core via a REST API. In order to do so it depends on a client library which translates some of the HTTP API calls into Python object logic. The library code can be found here:

https://launchpad.net/mailman.client

Benedict has also created a detailed step by step installation page for mailman3a7 and the current web UI (I'm not sure if MM3's current Alpha8 is fully compatible with the client library as it's brand new... I will try to do any necessary adjustments as soon as possible...)

http://wiki.list.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=11960560

As Barry said, feel free to ask any questions!

Cheers
Florian