[Mailman-Developers] Integrating HyperKitty with Mailman3

David Jeske davidj at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 06:52:34 CEST 2012

Are you expecting this direct python configuration import to actually "be"
an archiver, or simply to be a configuration shim to get data to an
archiver?

Python imports are not version-dependent (like C-shlibs are), so it seems
dubious to expect an external archiver to necessarily be compatible with
the same version of python that MM3 is. I know I've run into this problem
in the past, especially because of how much the python MIME message classes
changed over each python release (though hopefully they are more stable now)