[Mailman-Developers] translation of mail templates

Patrick Ben Koetter p at state-of-mind.de
Tue Aug 21 02:08:31 CEST 2012

* Barry Warsaw <barry at list.org>:
> On Aug 20, 2012, at 06:22 PM, Peter Holzer wrote:
>
> >I just took the english templates from MM3 and started to change them.  Are
> >the templates the same as in MM2?  Anyhow do i have to configure something in
> >MM3 to make these templates work?
>
> The i18n infrastructure is probably not complete in mm3, although the basic
> should work.  We don't really have good extraction of the messages, and we're
> still undecided on what service, or how, to manage translations.  There are
> lots of options, but what I think really needs to happen is for someone to
> really take ownership of i18n for mm3.  I'm happy to help with the technical
> side of the core, and the Postorius folks will help with the Django side, but
> I think we need someone who is really involved in translations to evaluate our
> options and drive the technical discussion forward.

I am not the one to tell about the technical issues, but I can tell
<https://www.transifex.com> works well for Modoboa <http://modoboa.org/en/>.
They have free accounts for open source projects. It might be a nice way to
organize a translation community.

p at rick

--
state of mind ()

http://www.state-of-mind.de

Franziskanerstraße 15      Telefon +49 89 3090 4664
81669 München              Telefax +49 89 3090 4666