[Mailman-Developers] translation of mail templates

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sun Aug 26 21:22:09 CEST 2012

Peter Holzer wrote:

>Hi
>Aside of the actual translations being done...
>Can someone confirm that german umlauts and more or less
>exotic characters should work within the mail templates?

Templates for web pages or pieces of web pages should have all
non-ascii characters encoded as HTML entities, e.g. 'ä',
'ö', etc.

Text templates for email messages, etc. can have non-ascii (exotic)
characters as long as they are encoded in the character set that
Mailman uses for that language. For Mailman 2.1 and German, this is
iso-8859-1.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure how this is working in MM3 in terms of how
the various languages are registered and what the character set for
German is (although most should probably be utf-8).