[Mailman-Developers] New to mailman

Barry Warsaw barry at list.org
Mon Dec 10 17:42:53 CET 2012

On Dec 10, 2012, at 01:46 AM, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

>Sandesh Agrawal writes:

Welcome Sandesh!

> > But i have no idea about how to proceed , can somebody help me please.
>
>Well, first you need to tell us where you're stuck!
>
>The basic procedure is
>
>1.  Get a Launchpad account (sooner or later).
>2.  Check out the most recent commit to the sources you're interested
>    in (Mailman 2 or Mailman 3, or both).
>3.  Find a bug.

Note that all Mailman 3 bugs should be tagged with 'mailman3' so they should
be fairly easy to find.

>4.  Fix the bug.
>5.  Create a branch in your own workspace, and commit the bugfix to it.
>6.  Push the branch to your launchpad account.
>7.  Link your branch to the relevant issue.
>8.  (optional) Make a merge request on Launchpad.

Merge requests, especially for Mailman 3 fixes are highly encouraged (but
still not mandatory).

>9.  (more optional) Announce the fix here.
>
>Quite likely you already know some or all of the above, but at least
>that will provide a framework to help us navigate to your stuckness.

Don't forget too, that you can get real-time help by getting on the #mailman
IRC channel on Freenode.  If you have a Mailman 3 question, just ping me
there.

Good luck!