[Mailman-Developers] New to mailman

Barry Warsaw barry at list.org
Mon Dec 10 17:48:50 CET 2012

On Dec 09, 2012, at 10:32 PM, Sandesh Agrawal wrote:

>I am particularly interested in this bug/wishlist :
>#1082495 Support bracketed prefixes in subject as
>filters<https://bugs.launchpad.net/mailman/+bug/1082495>
>https://bugs.launchpad.net/mailman/+bug/1082495?comments=all
>
>But not sure where to start from or which part of code to see...
>
>Also can you suggest me some easier bugs to start with.

It will almost definitely be better to start with some easy bugs, which you
can find as Mark indicated.  While MM3 is still lacking better "big picture"
documentation, I would recommend reading some of the docs at

http://packages.python.org/mailman/

Something like bug 1082495 will probably touch several parts of the system, so
you'll want to familiarize yourself with the concept of queue runners, rule
processing, pipeline handling, etc.

You might also be interested in this talk I gave at Pycon 2012.

http://pyvideo.org/video/688/mailman-3

and at this chapter in AOSA v2:

http://www.aosabook.org/en/mailman.html

Hope that's a good start!