[Mailman-Developers] Wiki woes

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Thu Dec 13 21:48:25 CET 2012

On Thursday 13 December 2012 18:59:40 Mark Sapiro wrote:
> Paul Boddie wrote:
> >For now, I have made the Wiki content available at the following location:
> >
> >http://mmwiki.boddie.org.uk/
> >
> >As noted, all current page revisions will look wrong, but historical
> > (before Confluence 4) revisions should have been translated to a certain
> > extent.
>
> I like it. And, I note that for a large majority of pages there have
> been no changes since the "Migrated to Confluence 4.0" change, so the
> current-1 rev of the page is good.

I actually don't think it would be hard to migrate the XHTML-like content, but
if the bulk of the content is more readily translated, then we can avoid a
lot of work.

> I haven't looked at much, but the biggest problem I see is for example
> <http://mmwiki.boddie.org.uk/DOC/Frequently%20Asked%20Questions?action=reca
>ll&rev=5> versus
> <http://wiki.list.org/display/DOC/Frequently+Asked+Questions>. The issue is
> the FAQ in particular relies on the listing of child
> pages to make a hierarchical TOC, and the converted pages have lost
> the child pages listing.

Yes, the child pages are recorded, but they need to appear below their parents
in the page hierarchy. Another problem I've found is related to pages with
question marks in their titles. For example:

http://mmwiki.boddie.org.uk/DOC/Where%20do%20I%20go%20for%20help%3F

For some reason Moin encodes these titles correctly but doesn't interpret them
properly, and this could be a legitimate bug. I'll look into this.

Paul