[Mailman-Developers] Wiki woes

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Sun Dec 16 20:22:05 CET 2012

On Saturday 15 December 2012 18:56:10 Terri Oda wrote:
> On 12-12-13 1:48 PM, Paul Boddie wrote:
> > I actually don't think it would be hard to migrate the XHTML-like
> > content, but if the bulk of the content is more readily translated,
> > then we can avoid a lot of work.
>
> I'm making dumps of all the confluence spaces we've got (You can't dump
> the whole wiki at once easily but you *can* apparently dump each
> space.).  I'll dump all the public ones here:
>
> https://www.dropbox.com/sh/tztu8sk6oet69oz/wP0_L7kcf7

Yes, I dumped each space to see what the Confluence 4 migration had done.
Unless you get to download more because you have an account, I suppose it
isn't difficult for me (or anyone else) to obtain these dumps when they need
them.

> (We've also got one private "cabal" space, but it looks like everything
> in it is really out of date, so I've done a dump for posterity but
> there's no point in spending time converting it.)
>
> We can also do dumps as html and pdf, but I'm pretty sure xml will be
> more useful for data conversion.  I don't know off the top of my head if
> they include change history or just the most recent content, but I do
> know that they contain attachments and comments on the pages.

The XML dumps are serialisations of the Hibernate datastore, and they contain
all the page versions plus comments and other related data. The attachments
appear as separate files in the archive but will be referenced by the XML
file. The page content itself is in an XHTML-like form for Confluence 4 but
the Confluence Wiki markup for Confluence 3 and earlier.

Paul