[Mailman-Developers] New to mailman

Barry Warsaw barry at list.org
Fri Dec 21 21:27:50 CET 2012

On Dec 22, 2012, at 12:04 AM, Sandesh Agrawal wrote:

>Yes i was using python's default interpreter which was causing
>problems.  /bin/py worked.

Cool.

>While making "class FakeArgs" for starting master process in mailman,
> i am doing config = make_config(),
> which gives the following error :

make_config() is only useful for tests.  Are you writing a unittest or
doctest?

Note that make_config() requires that the test live in the ConfigLayer or
higher (zope.testing layers are a confusing construct since they don't follow
normal Python inheritance rules, but for now, we're stuck with it.)  Look at
TestStart in commands/test/test_control.py.

Note that doctests by default live in the SMTPLayer, which is higher than
ConfigLayer and thus acceptable.

>[config_file = os.path.join(os.path.dirname(config.filename), new_config)
> File "/usr/lib/python2.6/posixpath.py",

Although this is probably not your problem, Python 2.7 is now required for
Mailman 3.

Cheers,