[Mailman-Developers] Twisted NNTP

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Wed Jul 4 10:05:19 CEST 2012

Alexander Sulfrian writes:

 > RFC 3977 explicit requires the CAPABILITIES command to work for
 > conformance. It should not be hard to implement it, so in my opinion
 > it should be listed as required.

Sure, but please remember that *you* have a deadline.  When you write
up requirements, make sure you distinguish between "what Mailman
should have to be a good citizen" and "what Alex promises for GSoC".

I *guess* that what others are talking about is the latter.  IMO
Barry's pragmatic test (a quickie driver around nntplib and TBird
should be able to read articles) is what you should be aiming at
first.

Steve