[Mailman-Developers] Login / User Identification Issues in MM3

Barry Warsaw barry at list.org
Thu Jul 12 04:16:42 CEST 2012

On Jul 11, 2012, at 05:39 AM, Richard Wackerbarth wrote:

>I am perfectly happy to have the user info handled by an independent
>stand-alone module which is willing to take responsibility for ALL of the
>user profile info. It should provide a REST interface that allows other
>modules the ability perform authentications, manipulate the profile, etc.
>
>Another acceptable methodology would be to store all of the data in a real
>relational database and allow each of the modules direct access to the
>database engine.

I think I've outlined how the core would be extended so that either of the
above implementation approaches could work.

Just for the record, as long as it's done in a modular way (i.e. so that
people who don't want Postorius can ignore it), I have no problem shipping
well tested components that make integrating the core with Postorius easier.
It just can't be the only way to do it.

Cheers,