[Mailman-Developers] Login / User Identification Issues in MM3

Barry Warsaw barry at list.org
Thu Jul 12 04:21:11 CEST 2012

On Jul 12, 2012, at 02:50 AM, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

>It's not the same argument.  A mailing list needs a message
>distribution agent; it doesn't *need* a webUI.

+1

Or I might rephrase that as: it doesn't need *a* webUI :).

Postorius rocks, and it is going to be a fantastic piece of the default
Mailman story.  It will in fact be the most visible piece, so it has to rock.
Think of all the thousands of average-Joe mailing lists out there.  They will
be ecstatic to see the improvement over the current circa-1996 webUI.  It's
not even funny how much better Postorius will be.

We just have to keep the design open enough that the webUI can be changed or
discarded and the mailing list system will continue to function.