[Mailman-Developers] [GSoC 2012] Metrics

George Chatzisofroniou sophron at latthi.com
Mon Jul 16 00:49:01 CEST 2012

Hello,

Here's my new report. I've finally published my code and created some
samples for all of you. Youhou! :) Any feedback is very welcome.

----
I’m happy to report that the first version of the software is now
public. I have set up the app with some graph samples here [1], and
hosted the code in Launchpad [2].

Above each graph, there is the code snippet that is being used to
query the database. There are many syntax rules (most of them are
already working) that allow a rich vocabulary for the expression of
queries. You may see the BNF language description in the section ‘How
to use them’ in the documentation [3].

The JS library that renders the graphs is jqplot. It’s not difficult
(even for someone with minor experience to Django) to use another
plotting library. The data structure returned by the extraction tag is
very flexible and can be used in any manner. See the section
‘Configuring the output’ in the documentation [3].

My next step will be to implement the coalescor which (optionally)
merges database entries in order to limit the growth of the number of
entries stored in the database

Thanks for reading and testing. I would highly appreciate any comments.

[1]: http://sophron.latthi.com/metrics/
[2]: https://code.launchpad.net/~sophron/mm3-metrics/trunk
[3]: http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~sophron/mm3-metrics/trunk/view/head:/MM3_metrics_display/templatetags/__init__.py

----