[Mailman-Developers] smtp error - [Errno 111] Connection refused - when trying to install MM 3.0

Barry Warsaw barry at list.org
Wed Jun 27 23:31:39 CEST 2012

On Jun 27, 2012, at 11:07 AM, Danci Emanuel wrote:

>This is the continuation of the topic started on the mailman-users mailing
>list.

Thanks for moving the discussion here.

>Here is the original
>post: http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2012-June/073632.html
>And this is the post at which the conversation
>stopped: http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2012-June/073636.html
>

>Basically, what I am trying to do is to set up a running version of Mailman
>on my local machine, by using the 5 minute guide
>(http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~mailman-coders/mailman/3.0/view/head:/src/mailman/docs/WebUIin5.rst).
>

>After doing what Mark Sapiro suggested in the last post, I got this:

So, in Mark's suggestion, this exception occurs after you've called
x.setUp()?  Or does that call succeed?  If it does succeed, don't call
x.tearDown(), but instead go to a different shell on the same machine and try
to `telnet localhost 9025`.  What happens then?

You could try changing the port that the testing framework uses to list for
SMTP (and other) connections.  That is set in the file
src/mailman/testing/testing.cfg.  Does it help if you change the smtp_port
value?

Do you have any kind of local firewall set up?  What OS are you using?

Cheers,