[Mailman-Developers] VM for Mailman development

Terri Oda terri at zone12.com
Tue Mar 20 00:02:47 CET 2012

On 03/19/2012 03:14 PM, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> At this point, I don't know whether the best approach is look for a
> more complete development box for Vagrant or figure out how to
> provision the basic Vagrant box with what I need or forget Vagrant and
> install directly in VirtualBox or go with a dual-boot.
>
> Anyway, it's going to be interesting to figure this out.

Incidentally, how much interest would there be in having a
Mailman-developer VM (say, for VirtualBox) around and easy to download?
  Some modern distro, appropriate dev tools, and a checkout of
moderately recent code, maybe even ready to run with instructions on the
desktop or something?  It seems like it might be a nice thing to hand
out to prospective GSoC students as well as Mark. ;)  The Systers folk
made one a few years ago for 2.1 dev and maybe it's time for an updated
version?

  Terri