[Mailman-Developers] where to install Mailman?

David dave at fiteyes.com
Thu May 3 05:37:17 CEST 2012

I know this is possibly both a stupid question and one that is subject to
endless debate in the larger scope... but strictly from a Mailman point of
view, where should I install Mailman 3.0? My habit has always been to
install my own application in /opt. If I install from a tarball, I always
use /opt. But to make Mailman configuration and setup easier, I think I
will deviate from that and install Mailman 3.0 like most of the other
people here would do. Can anyone give me a recommendation specifically for
Mailman 3.0 on Ubuntu? Also, would you use a base directory named mailman
or mailman-3.0.0b1? Thanks