[Mailman-Developers] problem installing Mailman 3.0 beta1 - no vardirectory created during install

David dave at fiteyes.com
Fri May 4 06:32:13 CEST 2012

On Fri, May 4, 2012 at 12:22 AM, Mark Sapiro <mark at msapiro.net> wrote:

> David <dave at fiteyes.com>wrote:
> >
> >Here's what I did:
> >
> >export PYTHONPATH=$PYTHONPATH:/opt/mailman3/lib/python2.7/site-packages/
> >/usr/bin/python setup.py install --prefix=/opt/mailman3
>

> That's not the correct incantation.
>
> See src/mailman/docs/START.rst in the distribution tree or see
> <http://wiki.list.org/x/PwDL>
>
> OK, interesting. Now I get a different error:

>From that link, I did all these steps:

Install and test:
$ cd mailman
$ python bootstrap.py
$ bin/buildout
$ bin/test
If you get no errors you can now start Mailman:

No errors: Total: 383 tests, 0 failures, 0 errors in 40.273 seconds.

The next step should be:
bin/mailman start

Here's my result:

# bin/mailman start
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "bin/mailman", line 17, in <module>
    import mailman.bin.mailman
ImportError: No module named mailman.bin.mailman