[Mailman-Developers] need tutorial for setting up pythondevelopment environment on Ubuntu please

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri May 4 06:40:07 CEST 2012

David <dave at fiteyes.com> wrote:

>BTW, is Python 3 recommended for Mailman 3?

No. Mailman 3 does not yet work with Python 3. It requires Python 2.6
or Python 2.7

>I see a bunch of stuff on
>virtualenv, but if it is simpler to not user virtualenv and to just have
>one version of Python installed, I'll go that direction.

It's really up to you. virtualenv will allow you to isolate your
Mailman 3 environment from the rest of your system so that, for
example, the Django you install as part of Postorius won't conflict
with other Django installs, etc ...