[Mailman-Developers] [GSoC 2012] Metrics

Richard Wackerbarth richard at NFSNet.org
Fri May 4 12:41:07 CEST 2012

Steve,

I am in complete agreement with your points about adequate planning.

However, I rarely see large projects that do enough "research" to plan things properly from the start.
Usually, a few people, who think that they understand the whole problem, make early design decisions that often become obstacles in the future. It is only after the prototype has been developed that others are able to point out weaknesses in the initial design.  As such, I advocate for a planned "revise during implementation" to the extent that you schedule a reimplementation for a new generation of the product rather than continually attempting to "add on" to the previous design.

Richard