[Mailman-Developers] need tutorial for setting up python development environment on Ubuntu please

Richard Wackerbarth richard at NFSNet.org
Fri May 4 22:01:40 CEST 2012

> I don't have a dev_setup directory. Also, I want to start the Web GUI on
> port 80 for public access via apache.
>
> The following page is empty:
> How to get Postorius running on Apache and mod_wsgi
> http://wiki.list.org/display/DEV/How+to+get+Postorius+running+on+Apache+and+mod_wsgi

David,

Postorius is just a Django-based website that communicates with MM3.

To deploy it, find, and follow, the directions which apply to any website powered by Django.

However, I should warn you that Postorius is not as far along in its development as is the core parts that handle mail.
In fact, at this time, there are so many things missing that you will be disappointed if you attempt to make the interface publicly visible.

Perhaps it is premature for you to attempt to work with this early development release.

Richard