[Mailman-Developers] need tutorial for setting up python development environment on Ubuntu please

Barry Warsaw barry at list.org
Sat May 5 22:04:30 CEST 2012

On May 05, 2012, at 07:39 AM, Patrick Ben Koetter wrote:

>* David <dave at fiteyes.com>:
>> On Fri, May 4, 2012 at 4:22 PM, Barry Warsaw <barry at list.org> wrote:
>>
>> > On May 04, 2012, at 02:10 PM, David wrote:
>> >
>> > Now start up Mailman, your MTA
>>

>> Good up to that point. What is the method for generating aliases for
>> Postfix in Mailman 3?
>
>This has changed im MM3. Postfix now delivers ML mails to MM3 via LMTP.
>-> http://wiki.list.org/display/DEV/LMTP+process

While true, you probably still need to set up some aliases for the MTA to
accept messages destined for any of a mailing list's addresses.

Look in schema.cfg for the [mta]incoming and [mta]postfix_map_cmd values.  It
should already be set up to use Postfix by default.  I'd happily accept
patches to support any other open source MTA.

Cheers,