[Mailman-Developers] [GSoC 2012] Metrics

George Chatzisofroniou sophron at latthi.com
Sun May 6 17:43:54 CEST 2012

On Sat, May 5, 2012 at 11:26 PM, Barry Warsaw <barry at list.org> wrote:
> Do you know exactly what kind of information you need?

With my current implementation plan i only need author and date of the
message to export my metrics.

> The suggestion to use the IArchiver interface is convenient, but might not
> tell you much other than who posted what to which list on what date.  It won't
> tell you things like the number of recipients, how long that message took to
> deliver, if there were any failures, etc.

Some of the things you mentioned sound pretty interesting and it would
great to be on the metrics.

> It would certainly be possible to hook in a zope.event notification with those
> metrics for each successfully posted message.  From there, a plugin could
> register a subscriber that put the event data on a message bus.  Or you could
> grep the logs. :)

Hooking the zope.event notification sounds good.

> Anyway, I think it would be useful to improve the support for this in the
> core.

I'd like that!

I'll come up with another more-detailed report this week.

Thanks Barry!

--
George Chatzisofroniou
sophron.latthi.com