[Mailman-Developers] administrative mail subject lines

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon May 14 04:21:03 CEST 2012

See <https://bugs.launchpad.net/mailman/2.1/+bug/998949> and
<http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~mailman-coders/mailman/2.1/revision/1353>.

>If any message header (e.g. Subject:) contains non-ascii, it must be
>RFC2047 encoded (or possibly in the case of parameters, RFC 2231
>encoded). It seems we are not doing this, so this is also a bug.

This is actually related to the first issue. The user's language is
Polish and the Subject gets erroneously translated to Polish, but the
message is sent as an English language message so the Subject is
assumed to be ascii and is not encoded. I think the fix at rev. 1353
takes care of both issues.