[Mailman-Developers] Like to participate in GSOC 2013 (GNU Mailman) - Like some ideas proposed in the list (Django, Python)

Surya Kasturi suryak at ieee.org
Mon Apr 1 17:00:21 CEST 2013

Hi,

I am Surya, Electronics & Communication Engineering student from India.

I have gone through the proposed ideas
http://wiki.list.org/display/DEV/Google+Summer+of+Code+2013 and found some
of them to be interesting..

1. RSS and NNTP access to mailman services
2. Authentication of REST API in Postorius/Django
3. Fully Anonymization
4. Currently the above, but even looking in other possibilities

My skills are in Python, Django little HTML, CSS.
Frankly, I don't grade myself to be "expert" but I am in "just -
intermediate" stage, where people are not afraid of taking new challenges,
roles.

I recently started contributing in SciPy, specifically in
SciPyCentral<http://scipy-central.org/>(a file management system) and
my current contributions include

1. A new design from scratch using Twitter Bootstrap (merged in master &
yet to merge in server).

a) The preview pages are here<http://ksurya.github.com/SciPyCentral/preview/>,
here <http://ksurya.github.com/SciPyCentral/preview/signin.html>,
here<http://ksurya.github.com/SciPyCentral/preview/search.html>
(Github
repo <https://github.com/ksurya/scipycentral/tree/gh-pages>). Further the
design  has been improved directly on the cloned branch. However, these
pages should give a decent idea of the design.

b) ScipyCentral Master <https://github.com/scipy/SciPyCentral>

2. Working on implementing RSS/ Atom feeds for the site (repo's exact
directory<https://github.com/ksurya/SciPyCentral/tree/feeds/scipy_central/feeds>).
Considering the level of Feed Syndication Framework, its quite very simple
to write this.. however, I am planning to lift of this feeds as "read-only"
API.. don't know how far it goes

5. Will admin production server (migration under process)

Also, I even wrote some small, cool apps (weekend work) using Django..
Here are :

1. Pingmee <https://apps.facebook.com/pingmee> (Facebook App, lets people
ping their friends using photos)
2. DJerry <https://apps.facebook.com/suryaphotography>(social reader
Framework for blogger on Facebook -- currently running my photography blog)

I appreciate if you could comment on my above recent work (good or bad).

Actually,

I just want to introduce myself to the community at first..

So, regarding the projects.. It would be great if you could direct me in
the right direction..

Many thanks for reading such a long email. Looking forward for your replies.

-- Surya