[Mailman-Developers] Like to participate in GSOC 2013 (GNU Mailman) - Like some ideas proposed in the list (Django, Python)

Chris Cargile follybeachris at gmail.com
Mon Apr 8 18:10:05 CEST 2013

I promise to try and do better proof-reading for the emails I post. To
correct how my earlier email reads, please interpret the question I asked
as:

..what if we could invite/reach out to administrators who've chosen to host
their apache project-lists using 'mod_mbox approach' to consider MM3 as a
replacement solution?

With any list-admins among those projects tying the projects' mbox files
into a mailman page, we'd achieve more users trying mailman, was my only
take-away point for that, I guess.

To move into GSOC, I'd like some information on "RSS and/or NNTP access to
Mailman archives."  - and, more specifically for RSS, is displaying an mbox
file being achieved anywhere on-line using mm3 facilities (ie: hyperkitty +
django templates?) - I assume yes per mention of the live MM3 instance with
2500 users' existence, but perhaps that only runs the email part and its
archives are not web-exposed via archive-interface- was the URL for it
mentioned when it was learned of during pycon?

Thanks for your help and sharing more about this functionality!
Chris