[Mailman-Developers] GSOC 2013 - Introduction and Project Discussion

Barry Warsaw barry at list.org
Mon Apr 8 20:34:01 CEST 2013

On Apr 08, 2013, at 07:02 AM, Richard Wackerbarth wrote:

>Although we would like for MM3 to run on Python 3, I don't think that all of
>our dependency libraries are ready for that yet.  I am running MM under
>Python 2.7

We're down to two dependencies: restish and storm.  I took a crack at restish,
but got stuck.  At Pycon, Thomi and I talked about another approach, and he
was taking another stab at it, but I haven't talked with him about since then.

I suspect storm will never get ported.  I've said before that if that's the
last dependency, we'll switch, probably back to SQLAlchemy as that's the only
Python 3 compatible ORM I'm aware of.

Help certainly wouldn't be turned down. :)