[Mailman-Developers] Regarding Authentication of REST API

Manish Gill mgill25 at outlook.com
Wed Apr 10 10:00:37 CEST 2013

For the GSoC REST API project, I've been wondering about how
authentication would work.

OAuth is a way to go if we want authenticated/signed requests. I have a
few questions regarding that.

- Will Mailman core become an OAuth provider, with Postorius/API being
the consumers?

- If the answer to the above is no, is the plan to support populer OAuth
providers like Facebook/Twitter ?
(If not, can you guys please explain how would the authentication
protocol really work?)

- Since Postorius is already using Mozilla Persona, can that also be
used to provide authentication to API clients?

- Am I over-thinking this? :)

Thanks!