[Mailman-Developers] Hi from a student interested in a GSoC project

Elias Assarsson fte08eas at student.lu.se
Wed Apr 10 11:05:34 CEST 2013

Hi,

My name is Elias Assarsson and I am interested in doing a GSoC project
for Mailman. The idea I found most interesting is Scripts for migrating
from Mailman 2.1 to Mailman 3
http://wiki.list.org/display/DEV/Google+Summer+of+Code+2013#GoogleSummerofCode2013-ScriptsformigratingfromMailman21toMailman3
. Where can I more information about this idea?

I do not know if it is a good idea but I am thinking that using Augeas
http://augeas.net might be a way to handle the migration of
configuration from one format to another. For instance I found the
following
https://www.redhat.com/archives/augeas-devel/2012-January/msg00050.html
when researching the idea. I have no experience with Augeas but this
might be a good opportunity to learn it. I do however have experience
with Python (and other scripting languages such as Ruby). Any input or
help in developing this idea would be welcome.

Some things about me. I am a GNU/Linux user for almost ten year and a
student in computer science courses in Sweden. If you want to know more,
please ask.

Regards,
Elias Assarsson