[Mailman-Developers] GSoC 2013 - GNU Mailman - Introduction and Project Discussion

Sreyanth sreyanth at gmail.com
Thu Apr 11 06:45:16 CEST 2013

Hi all!

I am interested to participate in GSoC this year and would like to choose
GNU Mailman
​under PSF ​
for it. I have gone through the proposed ideas and I would like people to
tell if they are feasible for one summer!

1. Boilerplate stripper AND Better content-filtering / handling error
messages.
2. No-logging mode.
3. Anti-spam / anti-abuse in Mailman.
4. My own project idea: Mining the list logs and recognize interesting
patterns for better enhancements (the admin need not have data mining
experience)

By far, I am looking to duplicate bugs on my comp and am aiming at writing
a patch or two before the student deadline, so that I have much more time
to work on my application.

# Bragging mode ON. You may want to skip this.
And, let me introduce myself. I am Sreyantha Chary (lets make it Sreyanth),
a 3rd year undergrad majoring in Computer Engineering at the National
Institute of Technology Karnataka. I wont consider myself an expert in
python programming, but yeah, I am good enough to work on intermediate
projects. I have used Django for my university projects and loved it.
Research wise, I am into Machine Learning, Information Retrieval and Data
Mining. And coding wise, I try crazy stuff, sometimes just to check if I
remember anything from the documentation!
​# Bragging mode OFF.​

People, please let me know your take on the projects I am interested in.
How far is my proposed idea feasible?

Thanks in advance. Thanks for your time!

*
​Thanks and regards
*
*
*
*Mora Sreyantha Chary*
*Computer Engineering '14*
*National Institute of Technology Karnataka*
*Surathkal, India 575 025*