[Mailman-Developers] anti-spam filter

Paul Wise pabs3 at bonedaddy.net
Mon Apr 15 11:07:59 CEST 2013

On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 4:55 PM, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

> That's a great idea (and a great example of why I don't think
> spam-filtering technology should be embedded in a Mailman handler! :-)

I think you might not be thinking expansively enough, it allows more
flexibility to do spam filtering in multiple places. Different lists
will have different definitions of what is an unwanted message. On the
Debian lists we don't want anything about shares, liquidity and
financial instruments, but some economists will find messages about
source code and copyright law unwanted on their lists. A list for
pharmacists will probably want to accept messages containing
usually-spammy keywords. A generic mailing-list-hoster hosting all 3
of those will want to allow most mail and add per-list filters.

--
bye,
pabs

http://bonedaddy.net/pabs3/