[Mailman-Developers] error installing the mailman web UI

Barry Warsaw barry at list.org
Mon Apr 15 13:26:09 CEST 2013

On Apr 14, 2013, at 12:49 AM, Sneha Priscilla wrote:

>Why don't you try re-branching the repository again and start over? Plus
>buildout instruction needs sudo access as far as I know, so make sure
>you're doing that.

You shouldn't need root to do a buildout and run the tests.  You can probably
even build a test deployment without root, but you may need it if you're going
to bind to privileged ports, although neither the REST http server, nor LMTP
server listen to privileged ports by default.  Obviously, you'd need root if
you were going to install a deployed system to certain parts of the file
system.