[Mailman-Developers] GSOC 2013 : Web Posting Interface

Peter Markou markoupetr at gmail.com
Tue Apr 16 09:51:43 CEST 2013

Hi again community,

As I was checking  https://bugs.launchpad.net/mailman/  to give it a shot
and fix any bug,
I noticed this bug https://bugs.launchpad.net/mailman/+bug/1104505  tagged
with "wishlist".
The exact bug description is : "There should be an interface for posting to
a list from the Web UI".
After about 2 months Terri made this wishlist one of the proposed projects
for GSoC.
This got me thinking and drew the conclusion that Mailman is considering a
lot the users feedback/suggestions.

So since Mailman is looking for students who are able to contribute useful
features, I'm going to have a look at
all bugs/wishlists and collect the ones that are related to "Web Posting
Interface" to a certain extent
(a good starting point to get a clue about what features the users find
useful).

After all, in my opinion, these suggestions should guide us in refining the
project to function as users expect to
(features suggested by developers should also have an impact).

Looking forward to hear any suggestion in order to include them in my
application proposal as described here:
http://wiki.list.org/display/DEV/Google+Summer+of+Code+2013  in the "Web
Posting Interface" project description.