[Mailman-Developers] GSOC 2013 project discussion

Avik Pal avikpal.me at gmail.com
Tue Apr 16 21:13:43 CEST 2013

Hello,
         regarding the anti-spam feature in mailman I would like to say
that I have almost completed development of a rudimentary classifier
implementing Naive Bayes, but I need to train my classifier with some test
data and also look into the precision recall. but now I need a labeled
dataset to check these,any idea where I can get one?(though I know that
naive Bayes is not going to be a good classifier but I am looking at it
right now just as a start).

         also I would like to propose an idea of my own. Many of us set the
preference in mailman to get all the emails of a day batched together, but
sometimes this means we miss important mails(though we get it at the end of
the day but we miss the moment)----important to the community, or my own
interest, discussion on something I also have discussed upon in my previous
mails, delivery of these mails instantly to the subscriber so that he can
also join at that very moment may come out to be a very useful feature.
Thus person gets to set two options
        1.receive batched mails only.
        2.receive batched mails with important mails delivered instantly.

        please take a look and let me know.

Avik Pal
Bengal Engineering & Scieence University,Shibpur
github:https://github.com/avikpal
IRC:- irc://freenode/avikp,isnick
twitter:-https://twitter.com/avikpalme