[Mailman-Developers] anti-spam filter

Patrick Ben Koetter p at sys4.de
Thu Apr 18 22:32:21 CEST 2013

* Terri Oda <terri at zone12.com>:

> On 13-04-18 1:40 PM, Patrick Ben Koetter wrote:
> >I - personal opinion - think adding a anti-spam/abuse filter is a
> >good idea. I do however stronly oppose against a hardcoded
> >implemenation that e.g. integrates SpamAssassin only or a new
> >Bayesian filter.
>
> I hope that no one was seriously considering that level of
> hardcoding.  What we are almost certainly talking about is setting
> up a handler (I think Stephen estimated this to be around 10 lines
> of code).

And that handler would be - excuse my ignorance I don't program - a Python
function to handle a Python program? Could the handler pass a message over to
e.g. SpamAssassin (Perl) or openDKIM (c code) or any other non Python program
without the need to add any additional (Python) code?

p at rick

--
[*] sys4 AG

http://sys4.de, +49 (89) 30 90 46 64