[Mailman-Developers] anti-spam filter

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Apr 19 00:42:07 CEST 2013

On 4/18/2013 1:32 PM, Patrick Ben Koetter wrote:
> * Terri Oda <terri at zone12.com>:
>>
>> I hope that no one was seriously considering that level of
>> hardcoding.  What we are almost certainly talking about is setting
>> up a handler (I think Stephen estimated this to be around 10 lines
>> of code).
>
> And that handler would be - excuse my ignorance I don't program - a Python
> function to handle a Python program? Could the handler pass a message over to
> e.g. SpamAssassin (Perl) or openDKIM (c code) or any other non Python program
> without the need to add any additional (Python) code?

In 10 lines? Maybe.

If SpamAssassin is spamd, the Python socket module is part of the
standard library.

OpenDKIM includes a milter interface. There are Python milter shims
available

Perhaps your point is that this is more than 10 lines of code which is
probably true, but interfacing to some specific spam filter plugin
architecture from a Mailman chain rule module does not seem to me to be
a big project.