[Mailman-Developers] Architecture for extra profile info

Terri Oda terri at zone12.com
Fri Apr 26 21:36:31 CEST 2013

So... What have we decided? :)

 From my fuzzy "I read my email on a plane after delta woke me up at 3am
to tell me my flight was cancelled" level of recollection....

The few things I we actually agreed on:

- We like the idea of a rest interface.

- That interface/API should probably be decided now and relatively
permanently

- then implementation details can be changed later as necessary (so it
doesn't matter if we start with django or whether mailman-user reads
from mailman-core or vice versa, as long as it gets done and fulfills
the promises of the API)

- something something oauth something

Can someone sketch out what that REST interface will look like as an
actual architectural document that we can comment on?  I don't care who
does this; we just need somewhere to start, so any subscriber to this
list can probably summarize the emails into a useful document.

  Terri