[Mailman-Developers] About authentication (was Re: Architecture for extra profile info)

Richard Wackerbarth rkw at dataplex.net
Tue Apr 30 12:42:01 CEST 2013

Steve,

Again, we agree. (Something must be wrong :) ) I think that it is important that "we" (the senior developers and mentors) assure that we maintain a structure whereby each of the student proposals can proceed at the same time.

Thus, for example, someone working on the User interface can do so without requiring the "secure" mail features.
At the same time, we provide a place (Eg. the Credentials store) that can be used to hold public keys associated with individual subscribers.

Now I will admit that I haven't thought about the criteria associated with permitting someone to add a public key-->user association. But, within whatever policy is needed, we have a method to handle the storage and the framework within which the system can "GetUserByCredential()", etc.

Richard