[Mailman-Developers] About authentication (was Re: Architecture for extra profile info)

Richard Wackerbarth rkw at dataplex.net
Tue Apr 30 17:47:38 CEST 2013

Terri,

For Systers, is it better to try to access Postorius through its REST API or by directly including it as a django app?

In particular, using Django 1.5 and the custom user module feature that it provides along with the scheme that I outlined earlier provides an easy path to developing and integrating features such as the essays into the user profile.
Basically, we share a common User model.  Someone can start by using the standard django.contrib model and ignore the Postorius specific parts.

I am willing to implement the pieces (I estimate needing only a day or two if I do a simple version), but I also think that it would be an appropriate task for one of the students.

Richard