[Mailman-Developers] GSOC Midterm Report

Barry Warsaw barry at list.org
Fri Aug 2 19:13:04 CEST 2013

On Jul 31, 2013, at 06:17 PM, Daniel Kahn Gillmor wrote:

>I'm excited to see this work, Abhilash!

Me too!

>On 07/31/2013 02:43 AM, Abhilash Raj wrote:
>> * Signature verification using `python-gnupg` was a PITA to me for
>> sometime. The way it accepts the string and signature for detached
>> signature is not documented at all and is converse of what I could think
>> of. It just occurred to me to try out the other possibility which turned
>> out to be the right way.
>
>have you reported this as a bug to the python-gnupg folks?  I imagine a
>patch to improve their documentation would be welcomed.

I'm not so sure about the "not documented at all" part.

http://pythonhosted.org/python-gnupg/#verification

I'm using verify_file() in another project:

http://tinyurl.com/mulvhql

but I agree it's not the most convenient API.

Although the VCS for the upstream code is not publicly available, their issue
tracker is:

https://code.google.com/p/python-gnupg/issues/list

and I've found them to be pretty good about responding to bugs and feature
requests.

Cheers,